Monday 2 January 2017

Question 4/5 - Audience

Who would be the target audience your media project?
 The initial target audience for my magazine were men age between 15 and 18 and fans of Rock and Pop-Punk. However, my project’s final outcome is different to how I imagined it ending up as. It hasn’t changed too much but my magazine would certainly appeal to older people in their mid to late 20s due the semi-chaotic, semi-sophisticated look. For example, the fixed lines, shadow effects and arrangement of titles and subtitles gives it a “Professional” look where as other elements like the randomly displayed text and logos, the “trashy” style of text and the “childish” or “crazy” style of photographs gives it a “chaotic” look and would appeal to teenagers as well as adults.
 Another reason why it would appeal to older generations is the fact that I feature older artists such as Brian May and politicians like Donald Trump. Older generations are more likely to read about these topics than some teenagers.  
 In the end my project would still appeal to most men rather than women because it has quite a dark, chaotic look, it features male oriented artists. However, some of the bands featured appeal to girls. My Chemical Romance and Green Day may attract some girls to the magazine.


Image result for teenagersImage result for music fan

How did I address my audience?
 I attracted men to my magazine by having bold text, a unique stylised font that suits the genre of magazine. The Red, white and black colour scheme is bold so it stands out, it is also a very popular colour scheme so people are more likely to like it. The title and its banner make it seem more masculine therefore attracting men. It is informally and indirectly addressed to the audience. It never says anything like “you” and most of the text is in capitals making the taglines seem urgent attracting more people to buy it.

 All the artists featured were rock and pop-punk therefore attracting fans of that genre to my magazine, the “Rebel” title font was stylised to suit the genre. The photographs feature the artist holding their guitar, this will attract music fans. The name "Rebel" also gives out a punk feel to it attracting fans of punk and pop-punk. Bowie and Clapton would attract older people and fans of classic rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment